Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should my fluffy muffin be an indoor or outdoor cat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should my fluffy muffin be an indoor or outdoor cat?

Should my cat be an indoor or outdoor cat? I?ve had many problems with this subject. If you leave them outside they might run away or always cry at your door. If there inside they shed hair and they make a mess.
    I have tried both and it?s got to be one or the other. If you do both then when your cat is outside it cry?s and cry?s!
    Would anyone have a solution to this problem?
    Push for tougher animal abuse laws-
    https://petpedia.co/animal-abuse-statistics/

Re: Should my fluffy muffin be an indoor or outdoor cat?

In the USA and Canada the practice of having "house cats", which are never allowed outside, is surprisingly common. However, in most other countries of the world it is often regarded as unnatural and restricting a cat's natural desire to explore, climb trees, etc.

Personally, I think that you should allow your cat to have the freedom to explore. Regarding going in/out of the house, the best solution is to get a cat flap. They can be easily fitted into a wooden door by anyone with basic woodwork skills. If you search on Amazon for "cat flap", you will find many examples. That means the cat will be free to come in/go out whenever s/he wishes. It also means that you won't need to change the litter in a cat tray (although it is still wise to have one for emergencies).

Every best wish to you!
    LPC
    Administrator
    Last edited by LPC; 07-29-2020, 06:35 AM. Reason: Added sentence
    Do animals have souls?

Comment

Re: Should my fluffy muffin be an indoor or outdoor cat?

Thank you so much. I really appreciate you giving out your idea. I will definitely take that into consideration.cra:b::att
      Push for tougher animal abuse laws-
      https://petpedia.co/animal-abuse-statistics/

Comment

It should be your decision. What you decided?

Comment

I guess it depends on a breed. I had a Persian cat and she didn't really want to go outside, she preferred lying on a sofa :) But my current cat (I don't know the breed) likes going out. From my own experience, I can say that it is essential and better to think about flea protection beforehand. I personally buy flea drops for my cat and use home remedies to keep my house clean.

Comment

Working...
          X