Help needed please.... Fairly Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed please.... Fairly Urgent

I adopted a young cat about 5 weeks ago and at the time thought she looked pregnant, however she put on weight but not a load. She is tiny and her old owner thought she is about 2, but I doubt it.
    However....to get to my point

This morning she was most odd.. a bit wild and very vocal, then she lay on the carpet and started contracting. Washing a lot and lying on her front paws with her tail in the air. This has gone on all day... she does it for about an hour then has a rest and looks calm, then starts again.
    I have had a queeen have kittens before, but dont remember her doing this.
    Has anyone experienced this. I am right thinking she is in labour? How long should I expect it to go on? If it isnt labour what else could it be?

Well sometimes my cat does that. I think it means she is in heat and she is too sore to lye down properly. At times my cat cried because she was sore so thats what it is. She will be in heat. Get back to me and tell me how she is.:)

Beth

Comment

she could be having kittens and could be having some complications or she is having a very painful heat and she cannot walk
      its the same as a human women. just keep an eye on her and keep us updated

Comment

Re: Help needed please.... Fairly Urgent

she could be having kittens and could be having some complications or she is having a very painful heat and she cannot walk
        its the same as a human women. just keep an eye on her and keep us updated!
        i agreeee

Comment

Re: Help needed please.... Fairly Urgent

Every cat gives birth differently.
          She could be panacing/this could be her wa of calming herself down.
          Mayby stroke her gently to help her calm down.
          It is probably very uncomfortable for her.
          Either that/she is overheated and cant walk.

Comment

Working...
          X