Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice on submissive peeing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice on submissive peeing....

Hey everyone, this is my first real post. I have a little bit of an issue. I have a beautiful very well-behaved, very smart, wonderful German Shepard named Trinity. She really has no behavioral problems at all.

I am trying to figure out a way to scold her for certain issues that I find when I get home, without having her leave pee marks. I'm not talking about yelling or swatting or anything, just letting her no that something isn't right.

For instance, she has no messes at all while I am away (stopped that after 2 nights of crate training :D ) so as soon as I get home I take her out immediately and she does her business. However, if I come home and find that she is rummiging through the garbage I want to let her know that it is not okay, however any attempt at scolding her results in tiny pee marks.

I feel that she is too young to remember what she did 5-10 or 20 minutes ago, so I have resulted to ignoring it and taking her out for potty. What can I do to let her know that it is not okay immediately while she is doing it? I'm sure she will outgrow it and it really isn't that huge of an issue, just a bit annoying for me if anything :?

Thanks in advance. :)
    Trinity - 5m/o PureBred German Shepard
    Snoopy - 9y/o DMH Black/White
    Pepper - 9y/o DMH Brown Tiger/Torti

It really is hard to train a dog to leave the trash alone. Most people just remove the trash from the house before leaving.

One thing you can try, and I don't know if it will work... Is pretent your leaving. Wait till you hear or see her go for the trash. Then walk in while she's doing the act and tell her no!

You could also try a product called bitters. You spray it on the trash can and when she licks or bites it tastes nasty to her. Trust me it does taste nasty! :x This will deter her from doing it again.

As for the submissive peeing, I really don't have much advice. My dog use to do it too and has stopped now except when she gets really excited.
    Blessed Be

Salem Witch Child

Comment

thank you for the reply. That bitters stuff sounds great. Does it smell at all? and any idea if it is safe for plants? My cats eat those sometimes....
      Trinity - 5m/o PureBred German Shepard
      Snoopy - 9y/o DMH Black/White
      Pepper - 9y/o DMH Brown Tiger/Torti

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity47
        thank you for the reply. That bitters stuff sounds great. Does it smell at all? and any idea if it is safe for plants? My cats eat those sometimes....
        Some smell but it does not have a fowl odor. I work for a pet products company. Our bitters does not stink.. I'll put it that way. :) Different brands could be a bit different so it is best to ask the specific company on the plant question. It shouldn't is all I can say.
        Blessed Be

Salem Witch Child

Comment

Hi i am new but have this experience this with my shepard also. i dont know how bad yours sumitts but i cant even look at mine funny and he will pee.

i got him in as a rescue and think alot has to do with that, but the way i disapline him is very gently and only when he is doing the "bad". Gentle i mean by i dont look at him when i am disaplining and i keep my posture low, making sure my shoulders are not high and my attitude is not mad. and i say NO or the disaplining sound i make and thats a CH sound or a PIST sound.

i first intoduce this sound on a controled walk. every time the dog goes a head or behind, is leading me and not following i pull the leash and make the sound. most pick up on the quickly and i would recomened that your first controled walk should be atleast 45 mins long. i also beleave that every walk should be controled. to establish your role as the pack leader. all dogs would rather follow then lead. this excersize get the brain working when walking, looking to you for whats next, what else can i do for you my person. instead of looking for trouble. if you have a dog that is unruley in the home you can do the same thing in the house on a leash and eventuly work off the leash.

hope this helped

Comment

Working...
          X