Not prepared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not prepared

I for the life of me can't under stand why it is that when a couple is bring a baby home for the first time they prepare for it and yet most don't do the same for dogs. They don't read about the dog they want, don't buy the things it needs, and put little thought into training. And VERY sadly if they even have time for it. So what they mostly end up doing is banshing it to the back yard and then finaly to the pound. I'll bet everyone here knows someone who's done this. It's sad and needs to be STOPPED. Yes?
    If only man did for dogs what dogs do for man.

I agree with you that people should prepare themselves when they decide to get a dog. I have neighbours across the street who recently purchased a lab/pitbull cross just a short few months after they had thier second child. The dog named Dakota now lives outside they take it in in the night to a small cage, otherwise it is outside in rain snow and hot temperatures and I know that their first dog was treated like this when it tried to nip their first child. The first dog misty was just a pup. Misty was put to sleep and I would hate to see this really friendly dog meet the same fate because some people are to stupid to realise that animals want to be part of the family not left on short chains with no attention
    Morgan

Comment

this may or may not change a thing, but I've done it in the past. I went to a use book store and perchased 2 books. One on dog behavior and one on basic obedience and drop it at one of my nieghbers doors who I saw do the same thing. Don't know what happened they moved a week later. Well at least I tried.
      If only man did for dogs what dogs do for man.

Comment

Working...
      X