No announcement yet.

What you should know about Dog Food!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with Celtechfarms on that one. Most times you can't find alot of the better brands at Pet Stores and Grocery Stores. I was feeding Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul once and I had to buy it from Acco Feed Store because no one else carried it. Alot of the feed stores in my area also carry foods like Innova and Candiae.
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
      thats why i changed to james wellbeloved - pets at home here in the uk are now doing a food they say is just like jw - made the same with no crappy products and the same natural oils and such.

its called something like wainsright or wainsworth i got a bag to try it out and my dogs didnt seem to notice the difference but then i do have dalmatians so thats not saying much at all!!!
      Hi I am new to this forum, I have just come back from Pets at home with a free sample pack of Wainrights. My two dogs Daisy and Molly are both on James Wellbeloved and both are fantasic with it! the most beautiful coats and dare I say it firm stools :roll: Now! I no it's not good to keep changing a dogs diet? I have hand given Daisy our colliexwhippet a few pieces and she didn't seem to mind what I was giving her, my only problem with Daisy is she can get a doggy tummy when she eats certain foods, Molly Labradorxcollie has a stomach like an Ox, so I am hoping this food is as good as James Welbeloved? I have read the ingredients and it seems to be so similar the only difference is the price! James Welbeloved for a 7kg bag is £19 and for a 15kg bag of Wainrights it's £23.99 so far far cheaper.

Can you tell me how your two Dalmations have been on this food so far? Would love to know before I go and pay out for a big bag of the food :? :D
      Best wishes Mandie

Comment

your dogs are lovely btw and welcome to the forum :)

well i still changed over gradually as you would with any food change but there was no difference in stools. my little dal is a pukey dog and can be easily upset but again she went without change.

they both still charge about with the same disregard for anyones knees :lol: it really does seem to be just as good as jwellbeloved all my dogs are doing well on it with coat condition/vitality etc not dropping.

hope this helps :)
        www.irishretrieverrescue.com
        all dalmatian rescue 01255 220 649 (uk)

Comment

Daisy-Molly: Those are two of the cutest dogs ever. Our beloved Rita(RIP)
          was the spit-n-image of your lab/collie. I commented over the years to my husband how she looked like a collie 'round her nose and eyes. We never had it confirmed, but looking at your picture, I can be sure now.

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the picture.

Comment

Hi, thanks for that info :D I went to Pets At Home this morning and bought the 2kg bag of the salmon and potato (lets hope they both like it) I have some of the JMB left so I will use that also so it does not upset there tummy too much!

That photo was taken about a month after we got Molly from the dogs trust in Ballymena, Co Antrim. Daisy is also from there too we got her last October so I am rather new to dogs if I am honest!

We nearly came home with an Irish Settter, but my husband said it would have been too much of a handful but then I am the one looking after them LOL but in a way I am glad that we took Daisy she had been in her bed for 6 weeks shy and timid like all whippetxcollie breeds, she is such a lovely nature of a dog. Molly having the Lab in her is a lot more in your face (if you can get what I mean) she is into everything and she is a tad bigger than Daisy now and she is only 6 months old. She also tends to want to be the boss, which I don't know if I should allow as she was second in?

Well I will give this food a go and see how they get on with it :) P.s it's not a very good photo of Molly side view LOL

Thanks for all your help
            Best wishes Mandie

Comment

Re: What you should know about Dog Food!

I'm glad to know all of these links as they are all helpful. Usually my dog's usual diet it based on the recommendation of our vet but there are times wherein my dog is tired of it so I guess he is craving for other types of food. I just research on and now I found this forum. Thanks so much.

Comment

Thank you for sharing all these links.These links are very useful and i will keep all these things in mind while buying dog food.

Comment

There are lots of dog foods on the market and you know they are in different types. But I always fell doubt because didn't know well or nobody gives a good review about any of those food items. BTW all your links are helpful, especially dog food reviews is the best one for me. Thanks.

Comment

This post is almost 12 years ago, the time is running so fast, I personally think that 12 years apart is totally different than today era where people are finding the most and easy info via smartphone and social media like that, but I believe the forum platform still relevant till today because of feeling more privacy and also the same people share the same enthusiasm.

For the dog owner sometimes it will be picky to choose the right kind of food because certain thing like low protein or low fat could be the main factor for your dog preferences. But sometimes the dog can eat everything that people give it to them even fruits like oranges, blueberries, etc. Maybe this post could be updated with the most recent info or links to certain new research about the dog food industry.

Comment

Thanks for this thread guys! It helps a lot!

Comment

Working...
                      X