Calcified Animals from deadly lake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calcified Animals from deadly lake.

Wow these images were very interesting yet a little disturbing to me.
    Let me know how you all feel about this article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...nce&ir=Science

Re: Calcified Animals from deadly lake.

I agree, David, that it is a very unusual phenomenon. The pictures are certainly remarkable, in a macabre way. But to be honest, my main thoughts were of sympathy for the poor creatures which must have suffered such an extremely painful passing.
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    Animals have souls, too! Free support for anyone grieving the passing of a beloved pet
    Do animals have souls?

Comment

Poor animals suffered from harsh nature environment. Others may think it is not so good idea to use them as art/portrait but could help too on learning more their nature and able to do something to help other animals.

Comment

Its weird how their positions are, like they are instantly frozen.. if they were in pain, one should think they were laying in a weird position after struggeling to its last breath, but here they just sit like if they were alive..
        Weekly entertaining and educational animal videos at TinyPetsTube

Comment

That is because the person taking the photographs repositioned the poor creatures into "pose" positions (see the article cited by David).
          __________________________________________________ _________________
          Animals have souls, too! Free support for anyone grieving the passing of a beloved pet
          Do animals have souls?

Comment

The water has an extremely high soda and salt content, so high that it would strip the ink off my Kodak film boxes within a few seconds
            Whoa! No swimming in that lake! :)

Comment

Ah, didnt read the article since i had read it somewhere before, but there it didnt say anything about respositioning, now it makes more sense :]
              Weekly entertaining and educational animal videos at TinyPetsTube

Comment

I was going to mention that they were re-positioned - But you figured it out before I got a chance to get back here...

Comment

Working...
                X