Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animals Deserve Respect

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, but I feel like home already :).
    I want to share with you my story about my little puppy. He started to bite me, he has also bitten my family members.
    I think he had a behavior problem.

Then, I started to search about Why Animals Attack Humans? and in my opinion, it is our fault.
    But I invite you to read my post, to see another hints about that. Please leave ANY comment so that Everyone else will see your story. Thanks and I see you around :)

*** read my post ***
    David
    Administrator
    Last edited by David; 03-14-2015, 11:38 AM. Reason: made link easier to see, David

Re: Animals Deserve Respect

Doru, this thread was sent for moderation by the system, as you have a website link (html anchor words "read my post") in it. Please note that new members who have just joined are not normally allowed to put in links to websites. However, exceptionally I have approved your link as it is animal related. I wish you success with your website.
    Do animals have souls?

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome LPC and I didn't know that I'm not allowed to put links in my post, Sorry.
      I just wanted to share my story about my puppy, so that everyone will know me better.
      Anyway, great forum here and I'm sure I'm gone have fun :) . Have a good day.

Comment

Oh I was quite looking forward to reading about your puppy. Is it a long story? If its not long, it might post here?
        Dog2Spirit...My own experiences of after-death contacts from my dog.

Comment

Tobi, if you click on the words "read my post" within Doru's post no. 1 on this thread, you can see the original article.
          Do animals have souls?

Comment

Thanks LPC! :)

Tobi: it's a short story, but it's worth it to read :)

Comment

Oh thanks LPC. I must be going a bit colour-blind. Now I see those words are in blue and I can click on them!

That is a very good article Doru. It's particularly interesting because I was bitten by a dog today! LOL
              No worries, it did me no harm, as I was wearing boots that even an Anaconda would find hard to sink its teeth into....and the little ankle-nipper was a tiny dog.
              I laughed, but also realised she did that because she saw me as a threat -walking into 'her territory' (walking past her house -and she had just sneaked out of the gateway)
              Her caretaker was mortified, and examined my boots carefully but I told the little dog that I completely forgive her and understand.

I was extremely grateful she wasn't a Tiger, or a Hyena......
              Or that would have been bye-bye Tobi today! :D

I also agree with what you say about leaving a dog in peace when it is eating. We all should do that, and respect their personal space when they are eating. Yet unfortunately, one of the criteria for adoption in some shelters, is that the dog will tolerate someone messing with its food while it is eating. I have mixed feelings about that.
              Tobi
              Last edited by Tobi; 03-12-2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Hi Tobi and thanks for the feedback.

I'm glad you like it because, it's like I said earlier, this forum members opinion is, for me, the most important one.
                Thanks again and I'm glad you are ok after the "little" experience with a pair of teeth :)
                I wish you a good day!

Comment

Welcome Doru! I edited your post somewhat to make that link easier to find... Like Tobi it took a while for me to find it also.

How old is the Puppy? Does the biting seem like he is playing or is it like intentional biting?

Comment

Hello David!
                    And thanks for editing the post.
                    Unfortunately, I had to give my puppy away because I could not control him anymore.
                    But I invite you to read the story, it is a short one :) and I'm curious to see what you think about the whole article.
                    Thanks again and I wish you a good day.

Comment

I am sorry things didn't work out with you and the little pup, Doru. Sometimes they bite too much or too hard because they were taken from their mothers and littermates too soon. The other dogs in their early life teach them their boundaries. It seems they learn better social skills with the littermates and mother.
                      If that early training is interrupted, biting can become a habit and hard for someone to deal with later.

I do wish the little pup well in its new life.

Comment

Hi Tobi,

Now, I think that was the problem. I took him from his mother when he was very little.
                        It seems, again, it is our fault. We don't understand them very well.

Anyway, thanks for the sympathy and I wish you a good day.

Comment

Working...
                        X