Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "K", Karma & Joker

Hi!

My name is Karen, everyone calls me "K" aka "SpecialK". I have two furry children; Karma and Joker.

Karma is a 3/12 year old Golden Retriever Mix and Joker is a 14 year old Min Pin. They're my pride and joy!

Karma is a very sick baby right now and in a fight for her life. She had pyometra, and it was severe, it required emergency surgery last Thursday. Her uterus had ruptured spilling the puss out into her body. The vet wasn't sure if she would even make it through surgery, or survive the night after. She did both (thankfully) ...mom was a basket case worrying and sitting with her at the vet. But she's far from out of the woods. She was in septic shock when she arrived at the vet, so her infection was insanely bad and she barely had any white blood cells left to fight the infection off. She was barely clinging to life.

We're hanging in there and I have set up a Facebook page for her. We're trying to rally support from across the world (and we'll be using the page to educate people about things (like pyometra and how spaying can save a life, it's not just a convenience surgery - we didn't know this and MANY others don't either), share stories of other pets in need, animal quotes and other pet info.

We also hope that once Karma is better, we can use the page to help other animals in need rally funds for their care.

The page was just started yesterday so mom has a lot of focus on Karma right now but it will grow out into an array of animal info. We would love it if you all could go and "like" and "share" her page with others and help us grow. http://www.facebook.com/karmaskare

We also hope that once Karma is better, we can also use the page to help other animals in need rally funds for their care. No animal should suffer, or lose their life, based on lack of education or their parents inability to fund their emergency care.

Re: "K", Karma & Joker

Hello "K" welcome aboard! Sorry to hear about Karma and what you and her are all going through. I have approved your post so all our compassionate guests can be involved. I Hope and Pray she heals quickly!

Comment

Welcome to the Animal Forum Karen :)

I hope Karma will be better soon, we are currently setting up a Facebook page ourselves, we will spread the word about your page once ready...

Comment

Welcome to the forum, dear Karen.
        All this talk of religion, but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
        If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can, and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
        And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.
        http://holy-lance.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
        X