Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi All, New but need answer to question if possible please:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All, New but need answer to question if possible please:)

My dog was boarded for Thanksgiving for 4 days and sunday after thanksgiving, I picked her up and noticed she had a bad scrape on her nose which part of the black is off her nose. The animal hospital where she was boarded said she scraped her nose on cage. I normally bring her to her own vets to be boarded which is elsewhere and never had a problem before with her rubbing her nose on cage. She also never has had diahrea since I have owned her which is about a year now and today, the first day home, she had diahrea. I supplied them with the food I always have fed her and never had a problem with diahrea with her and think they used a different food. My question though is will the black part of her nose grow back?? Also, they told me to put neosporin on the scrape, does anyone know if that is correct to do??
    Thanks,. Kim

If the scrap is not deap I do not see a reason why not to use neosporin. The diahrea is what I would be concerned about. If it doesn't clear up soon take her to the vet.
    Blessed Be

Salem Witch Child

Comment

reply to salem

Thank you. The scrape is not deep but there is a big amount taken off. Do you know if it will grow back on its own? I am gonna give it til wednesday to see if the diahrea persists being it has been only today since it has happened. Just worrys me because she never has had that problem before. Thanks.

Comment

Baby,

Of course I'm not a vet but my opinion is that yes it will grow back. Although it will probibly take awhile for it to. How old is your dog? Do you know what type of dog food they used? If it was ol'roy there's your problem :cry:
        Blessed Be

Salem Witch Child

Comment

Reply back

My dog is about 2 1/2 yrs old. She is a Husky/Lab Mix. I dont know what kind of food they gave her. We did supply the food we feed her but dont think they gave it to her. If they gave her canned food, that is what can be causing her diahrea. She eats purina moist and meaty burger packets and always has since we got her year ago so if they gave her different then that is problem. Thank you for responding to my question. Kim

Comment

Working...
          X