Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing Anete! Short story of myself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Anete! Short story of myself!

Hello, forum friends!

Sorry for not posting this earlier, I've been registered in this forum for 2 days now. About myself: I am a very enthusiastic person when it comes to animals, probably because when I lived together with my parents, they did not allow any animals at home. I, off course, did not like that. And usually on my birthdays, when I received a bit of money, first thing I did was buy a guinea pig or rabbit, or mouse, hamster. It was like a protest. I bought an animal, bought food and crate and then tried to hide it in my room. For one week I could keep it as a secret, but afterwards my mom usualy found out and asked to give it away. Luckily I did have a friend, whose parents did not prohibit animals, so my friend always received my animals.
    Now looking back on it, I think that it was not very smart to buy animals in secret, but at that time, like 10 years or so, I did not care, just wanted someone to take care of.

Soon after my 13th birthday I discovered animal shelter near my home. And that was when I realised that I could go and volunteer there to help take dogs for a walk and clean crates, feed them. I was verry happy about my decision as well as shelter employees for additional, excited volunteer. I worked there every day like in a full time job (8h). It was summer, so when september camed and my school started, I had to stop volunteering. My school ended at 4PM, but animal shelter worked til 5PM, there was no way I could possibly continue to help. I was very sad, but had to let go of it.

Now I am 22 years old and still very enthusiastic about animals - different kinds of them. I am planning on getting a labrador puppy this summer, because finaly I live on my own and can afford it as well as afford to take care of it. I still feel regret about not continuing to help animal shelters, so 3 days ago I started a campaign in helping 3 animal shelters in Latvia.

I would really appreciate if you could read my campaign: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...tvia/x/9407794

Don't want to force you to contribute, but it would really help a lot, because in my country winters are very cold and additional resources are appreciated.

Also, because of my interest in animal shelters, I would like you to share your opinion on this topic:
    http://www.animalforum.com/showthrea...u?goto=newpost

Sincerely,
    Anete Dziluma

Re: Introducing Anete! Short story of myself!

A warm welcome to the forum, Anete! You have written an informative introduction. It made me quite sad to read about your childhood, how you loved animals but your parents refused to allow you to have even a small pet. Why did they not allow it?

It is wonderful that you gave up so much of your free time to help animals in your local shelter. Blessings to you for doing that!

I wish you well in your ambition to get a labrador. They are attractive and enrgetic dogs. But if you are working full time, how will you manage to exercise him during the day (toilet, etc)? Will you get a relative or friend to do it for you?

I look forward to reading more of your posts. Your English is excellent, by the way!
    Do animals have souls?

Comment

Thanks, LPC for all the good things you said! ;)

I lived with my mom in her moms apartment, that was part of the problem. My mom was not a big fan of little animals (mice, hamsters etc.) and my grandmother too.
      She did not want bigger animals because of the responsibility they would take.
      When I was a little girl, I used to spend summers in countryside. We had a few cows, a horse, couple of pigs, lots of chickens and a big apple tree garden where we let them all out (except pigs and chickens). There where also dogs, not licensed breed, but mixed up from different breeds. It's not like I have grown up without animals, but I have always wanted my own dog. It's still different.

About wanting a labrador, I am not living alone, so there are four helping hands, who will take my dog out even when I will not have a possibility. But even working 8h a day I don't see it as a problem. My work is quite close to my home, so I could take my dog for a walk even at lunch time. Probably not every day, but still. My work is quite flexible, paralell to it I still study and this is my last study year. That's actually why I am planning on getting a labrador in summer, high school will be over and I'll have more free time. :)

Comment

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Anete.
        All this talk of religion, but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
        If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can, and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
        And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.
        http://holy-lance.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you, knightofalbion! :)

Comment

Working...
          X